Haulage and transport, with over half a century’s expertise
Farrall’s Transport was founded in 1956 by Eddie and Joan Farrall, who offered transport and distribution services in Cheshire using a single vehicle. As time passed, the operation moved from a single vehicle to a fleet of 15, along with a purchased site near Chester. The business moved forward a generation, with Mike, Mark and Elaine coming into the business in the 1980s; in turn, the company expanded further and broadened its services, offering warehousing in Cheshire as well as distribution further afield.
The ongoing development of the business led to the decision to join the Transport Association, which provided Farrall’s with a network of quality subcontractors as well as nationwide assistance with operational and logistical challenges. The Farrall’s name quickly became a recognised one in the distribution and haulage world, in Cheshire and elsewhere in the UK.
The company’s continuing dedication to delivering the highest standards of service made a move into the pallet network sector important; the fledgling Palletforce was the natural choice, its values and commitment to environmental responsibility closely mirroring those of Farrall’s. In 2001, Farrall’s committed ourselves fully as a founder-member and shareholder of Palletforce, and have proudly borne the name ever since.
Keen to stay at the forefront of the haulage and distribution world, Farrall’s grew steadily into the 21st Century and acquired a new fully racked warehousing facility on Deeside Industrial Park in 2004. This new site enabled us to deliver warehousing in North Wales, providing a new service to our valued clients. In 2004 and then 2006, Farrall’s were awarded the Palletforce Depot of the Year Award. 2006 also marked the 50th anniversary of the founding of the company – a significant event not just in terms of allowing us to look back at our past achievements, but also in terms of motivating us to provide ever greater levels of service and care.